Systems Engineering Technical Documentation Writer
- Leading the development (writing, editing, proofreading and/or providing writing support) of technical manuals updates.
- Creating and modifying technical diagrams using tools such as Visio or Microsoft PowerPoint; reviewing technical changes; and providing editorial changes per FAA documentation standards. Air Traffic knowledge or experience is preferred, but not required.
- Creating new stylesheets, documentation, and graphics. Also can update existing documentation.
- Developing technical documentation and performing lab validation for review and approval by FAA Second Level Engineering personnel.
- Establish and maintain a direct working relationship with FAA Technical Manuals representatives responsible for the FAA systems fielded by Leidos.
- Work with the customer and internal departments to gather information used in the development of various forms of technical documentation for the Enterprise Information Display System (E-IDS) program.
- Ability to translate technical and complex information and requirements into user-friendly E-IDS technical documentation.
- Experience developing and testing written procedures in a lab environment.
- Provide weekly status updates used to develop productivity metrics. Assist in developing charts and presentations.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Demonstrated direct experience developing and implementing large-scale technical changes on compressed schedule deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work without appreciable direction, modulating schedule to meet and exceed schedule targets.
- Working knowledge of XML editor (i.e., Arbortext).
- Demonstrated ability to review and provide editorial comments for content developed by other team members.
Leidos Civil Transportation Solutions Operation at Leidos has an opening for an energetic and detail-oriented Systems Engineering Technical Documentation Writer who will support the Federal Aviation Administration Enterprise-Information Display System (E-IDS), which provides access to supplemental information from numerous sources to augment the information available on the Air Traffic Management (ATM) service provider’s primary display.
This position could be located at the William J Hughes Technical Center in Atlantic City New Jersey or Leidos facility in Rockville Maryland or virtual. Candidate will be required to represent Leidos to the FAA customer in a positive manner, demonstrating exceptional communication skills, flexibility, and adaptability in adjusting to shifting work requirements in an environment that can be fast paced.
Systems Engineering Technical Documentation Writer responsibilities:
Pay Range:Pay Range $59,150.00 - $91,000.00 - $122,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
About the companyWe Are Leidos For 50 years we have been tackling some of the biggest problems that face our nation and our world. Leidos is a science and technology solutions leader working to address some of the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and healthcare markets.