Sr. Software Engineer SME Security Clearance Required
- Alexandria, VA
- St. Louis, MO
- Tucson, AZ
- Provide technical leadership and deliver an innovative product, service, or a combination of products and services that address a customer's specific requirements.
- Provide engineering expertise and guidance for the design, development, implementation, and sustainment of the mission requirements.
- Provide documentation of the tools and processes used to build and install the software in the production environment.
- Provide regular system requirements and capabilities updates to the client, applying current industrial software development best practices that include iterative and incremental project management techniques and agile software development.
- Interact with members of the technical team leads to understand the current system, subsystems, and component specifications and be able to use experience to recommend changes to facilitate efficient and effective development.
- US citizenship is required per contract.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Information Systems and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Established technical skills with data management and working knowledge of Geospatial Information Systems (GIS).
- Experience with ArcGIS Server to create and manage GIS Web services, applications, and data.
- Experience with GeoServer to share, process, and edit geospatial data.
- Familiarity with Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) standards-based web services such as Web Map Service (WMS), Web Coverage Service (WCS), Web Feature Service (WFS), Web Processing Service (WPS), and Web Map Tile Service (WMTS).
- Support the Agile software development lifecycle following Program SAFe practices.
- Strong proficiency with building front-end or back-end Java applications or Django Python.
- Strong proficiency with Java Frameworks (Spring, Hibernate) and RESTful web services.
- Experience architecting, developing, and delivering complex software systems into production.
- Experience with positively leading teams to delivery along with hands on support with development.
- Cloud certifications such as AWS DevOps Engineer or similar.
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Bitbucket, Git, Maven, or Jenkins)
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira)
- Hands-on experience with Agile management tools such as Confluence.
Leidos is currently seeking a Software Engineer (SWE) for the ATS Geospatial Content Management System (AGCMS). The SWE will be responsible for sustainment activities and will manage all aspects of analyst generated spatial data for NGA. AGCMS utilizes ESRI products to manage storage, discovery, access, dissemination, and processing in a cloud environment.
In this role, you will join a dynamic team that is singularly focused on providing world class solutions to our customers in an exciting, collaborative, and inclusive atmosphere. You will be challenged and provided a tremendous opportunity for growth in a customer-facing, fast-paced, and fun environment.
As a leader you will architect, design, build, and enhance highly available and scalable systems used by customers worldwide. You will direct major deliverables of projects through all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding, and unit testing. Additionally, you will determine and recommend the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines, and other resource constraints.
Position can also be performed in the following locations:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
This position has a target range for compensation of $180,000 - $205,000. This is a firm fixed price contract and does not allow for negotiations outside of this target range.
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
About the companyWe Are Leidos For 50 years we have been tackling some of the biggest problems that face our nation and our world. Leidos is a science and technology solutions leader working to address some of the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and healthcare markets.