Software Engineer SME -- Security Clearance REQUIRED
- Req#: R-00109580
- Alexandria, VA
- St. Louis, MO
- Tucson, AZ
- Provide technical leadership and deliver an innovative product, service, or a combination of products and services that address a customer's specific requirements.
- Provide engineering expertise and guidance for the design, development, implementation, and sustainment of the mission requirements and enhance overall system security, performance, and availability.
- Provide documentation of the tools and processes used to build and install the software in the production environment.
- Provide regular system requirements and capabilities updates to the client, applying current industrial software development best practices that include iterative and incremental project management techniques and agile software development.
- Interact with technical team leads to understand the current system, subsystems, and component specifications and be able to use experience to recommend changes to facilitate efficient and effective development.
- Develop scalable and re-usable frameworks for ingesting large data sets and moving them from layer to layer in Databricks.
- Integrate the end-to-end data pipeline to take data from source systems to target data repositories ensuring the quality and consistency of data is always maintained.
- Work with event based/streaming technologies to ingest and process data.
- Work within an Agile delivery methodology to deliver proof of concept and production implementation in iterative sprints.
- US citizenship is required per contract.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Information Systems and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Extensive experience in usage of Cloud technologies and infrastructure.
- Ability to architect and design enterprise cloud solutions within AWS.
- Experience with cloud-based architectures in AWS, Azure.
- Experience with reading and writing data in AWS Databricks.
- Working knowledge of Databricks.
- AWS certifications.
- Experience developing basic tooling and scripting: Java, Python, R, Scala, SQL.
- Experience with visualization tools such as Power BI, Grafana, and Tableau.
- Experience with Agile software development cycle.
- Experience with databases and data warehousing.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence.
Leidos is currently seeking a Software Engineer (SWE) for the Advanced Analyst Augmentation Analytical Cloud Enablement System (4ACES). The SWE will support general maintenance, adaptive maintenance, defect resolution (DR), and COTS/GOTS/FOSS activities for 4ACES. This includes supporting installations and deployments. The SWE will assist the Systems Engineer (SE) with debugging any issues when the core COTS products require upgrading (anticipated once annually).
The SWE will also lead the team as a Scrum Master to provide overall program oversight and guidance for SAS support of 4ACES.
Position can also be performed in the following locations:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
About the companyWe Are Leidos For 50 years we have been tackling some of the biggest problems that face our nation and our world. Leidos is a science and technology solutions leader working to address some of the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and healthcare markets.