Software Engineer Security Clearance Required
- Req#: R-00110173
- Alexandria, VA
- St. Louis, MO
- Tucson, AZ
- Use Agile development tools such as Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket/Git to manage work and collaborate with your team.
- Support creation and updating of all relevant documentation and specifications for design, development, and testing.
- Identify potential roadblocks and develop around them.
- Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics.
- Develop maintainable code that matches specification.
- Own delivery of small parts of a system or application.
- Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first.
- US citizenship is required per contract.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Information Systems and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Hands-on experience with building front-end or back-end Java applications or Django Python.
- Hands-on experience with Java Frameworks (Spring, Hibernate) and RESTful web services.
- Strong, self-motivated desire to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques.
- Ability to complete tasking independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively within a multi-disciplined engineering team.
- Familiarity with Cloud/Amazon Web Services.
- Support the Agile software development lifecycle following Program SAFe practices.
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git, and Jenkins).
- Leverage Atlassian tool suite like JIRA and Confluence to track activities.
- Demonstrated technical skills with data management and working knowledge of Geospatial Information Systems (GIS).
- Hands-on experience with ArcGIS Server to create and manage GIS Web services, applications, and data.
- Hands-on experience with GeoServer to share, process, and edit geospatial data.
- Hands-on experience with Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) standards-based web services such as Web Map Service (WMS), Web Coverage Service (WCS), Web Feature Service (WFS), Web Processing Service (WPS), and Web Map Tile Service (WMTS).
Leidos is currently seeking a Software Engineer (SWE) for the ATS Geospatial Content Management System (AGCMS). The SWE will be responsible for sustainment activities and will manage all aspects of analyst generated spatial data for NGA. AGCMS utilizes ESRI products to manage storage, discovery, access, dissemination, and processing in a cloud environment.
This opportunity will provide professional growth that is singularly focused on providing world class solutions to our customer in an exciting, collaborative, and inclusive environment. You will be challenged and provided a tremendous opportunity for growth in a customer-facing, fast-paced, and rewarding environment.
Position can also be performed in the following locations:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
This position has a target range for compensation of $98,000 - $18,000. This is a firm fixed price contract and does not allow for negotiations outside of this target range.
Pay Range:Pay Range $63,050.00 - $97,000.00 - $130,950.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
About the companyWe Are Leidos For 50 years we have been tackling some of the biggest problems that face our nation and our world. Leidos is a science and technology solutions leader working to address some of the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and healthcare markets.