Software Engineer Security Clearance Required
- Req#: R-00109975
- Alexandria, VA
- St. Louis, MO
- Tucson, AZ
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters.
- Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Ensure team adheres to Agile processes best practices.
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first.
- Resolve roadblocks for the development team, working collaboratively with the Product Owner, technical leadership, and other engineers.
- Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics.
- US citizenship is required per contract.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Hands-on expertise with software frameworks including Django and React.
- Proficiency with at least one Relational Database Management System (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.).
- Proficiency with basic web technologies including HTML, CSS, REST, JSON, and Tomcat.
- Experience delivering an entire piece of a system or application.
- Deep understanding of modern software design patterns and coding standards.
- Proficiency with web application technologies and deployment environments, including Docker, Kafka, and Kubernetes.
- Experience architecting, developing, and delivering complex software systems into production.
- Working knowledge of Agile development and continuous integration and continuous delivery methodologies and tools.
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git, and Jenkins).
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira).
- Proficiency with multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux, etc.).
- Strong, self-motivated desire to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques.
- Cloud certifications such as AWS DevOps Engineer or similar.
- Knowledge of Agile management tools such as Jira, Bitbucket, GitLab, Confluence.
- Knowledge of continuous integration and delivery tools such as Jenkins, SonarQube, JUnit, Cucumber, Selenium, JMeter.
- Experience developing and delivering modern software, including microservices, containers, and serverless architectures.
Leidos is currently seeking a Software Engineer (SWE) for the Visualizing Enterprise Geospatial Analytics (VEGA) Business Intelligence tool on the Sustainment for Analysis Services (SAS) Program. The responsibilities for this position include all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding, and automated testing within an Agile model. In this role, you will join a dynamic team that is singularly focused on providing world class solutions to our customer in an exciting, collaborative, and inclusive atmosphere. You will be challenged and provided a tremendous opportunity for growth in a customer-facing, fast-paced, and fun environment.
You will architect, design, build, and enhance a highly available and scalable web application used by customers worldwide. You will direct major deliverables of projects through all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding, and unit testing. Additionally, you will determine and recommend the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines, and other resource constraints.
Position can also be performed in the following locations:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
This position has a target range for compensation of $110,000 - $120,000. This is a firm fixed price contract and does not allow for negotiations outside of this target range.
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
About the companyWe Are Leidos For 50 years we have been tackling some of the biggest problems that face our nation and our world. Leidos is a science and technology solutions leader working to address some of the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and healthcare markets.