Senior Software Engineer Security Clearance Required
- Provide technical leadership and deliver an innovative product, service, or a combination of products and services that address a customer's specific requirements.
- Provide engineering expertise and guidance for the design, development, implementation, and sustainment of the mission requirements and enhance overall system security, performance, and availability.
- Provide documentation of the tools and processes used to build and install the software in the production environment.
- Provide regular system requirements and capabilities updates to the client, applying current industrial software development best practices that include iterative and incremental project management techniques and agile software development.
- Interact with members of the technical team leads to understand the current system, subsystems, and component specifications and be able to use experience to recommend changes to facilitate efficient and effective development.
- Develop scalable and re-usable frameworks for ingesting large data sets and moving them from layer to layer in Databricks.
- Integrate the end-to-end data pipeline to take data from source systems to target data repositories ensuring the quality and consistency of data is always maintained.
- Work with event based/streaming technologies to ingest and process data.
- Work within an Agile delivery methodology to deliver proof of concept and production implementation in iterative sprints.
- US citizenship is required per contract.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Information Systems and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience developing on Windows, and/or Linux operating systems.
- Experience with one or more of the following: Java, Python, PERL, PowerShell, VBS, Eclipse, Postgres, Oracle, Jenkins on a Windows platforms.
- Must have a strong understanding of sound software development principles and practices.
- Must be able to plan and prioritize personal tasking and be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Must be an independent thinker, capable of performing high quality work, both independently and with a team in a fast-moving environment.
- Experience with code repository, (i.e. GIT or SVN).
- Experience with replacing CORBA C++ services with brand new Java restful services.
- Experience with the following: JEE, SQL, application servers (Tomcat, WebLogic, JBoss), scripting.
- Experience working with and troubleshooting mission critical applications in an operational environment.
- Experience leading software updates required to meet new customer requirements and updates to external interfaces, which requires updates to data ingest/parsing/cataloguing software in support of NGA exploitation requirements.
- AWS Certifications such as AWS Certified Architect Associate or AWS Certified Developer Associate.
- Experience developing basic tooling and scripting: UNIX shell, Python, Perl or similar.
- Experience with Agile software development cycle.
- Experience with Object-oriented programming languages to include Python.
- Database experience with Oracle, SQL, and/or PostgreSQL.
- Experience working in Cloud architecture and/or application transitions to the Cloud.
- Familiarity with Cloud computing containers (i.e., Docker, Kubernetes, and Microsoft Azure)
- Experience with JIRA, and Confluence
Leidos is looking for a Senior Software Engineer for the Sustainment for Analysis Services (SAS) program. Our mission is to provide support for 10+ mission-critical exploitation systems. Each system has its own specific requirements and infrastructure. We are seeking a technical, self-motivated Senior Software Engineer to be versatile and flexible to changing priorities from our customer. The candidates must work well in an Agile Scrum environment. Leadership skills are highly desired. The Senior Software Engineer will support a system in sustainment for defect debugging and resolution, COTS/FOSS upgrades and general maintenance releases. The SWE will also lead the team as a Scrum Master to provide overall program oversight and guidance for SAS support of multiple systems.
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
About the companyWe Are Leidos For 50 years we have been tackling some of the biggest problems that face our nation and our world. Leidos is a science and technology solutions leader working to address some of the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and healthcare markets.